Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Catching up after the holidays - Part II

Good morning! So glad to see some sunshine today! I swear it practically rained the entire month of December and now January too. While I usually enjoy the winter, I'm starting to long for warmer weather.

Anyway, back to our holidays... After Christmas and our visit with my parents and sister we basically just vegged and played our new Wii. It definitely is as much fun as everyone says it is. I'm afraid we're not very good at it yet. Although, I do have to say the first time Jay and I played bowling and golf...I beat him! It will probably be the one and only time I will beat him at anything so I'm relishing my initial victories.

We did absolutely nothing on New Year's Eve and it was glorious. In fact, I slept most of the day. My body needed to crash for a little while so I was very thankful that Jay humored me and kept the kids entertained so I could be a total bum.

We went to see the Grinch Ice exhibit at Opryland on Saturday. The kids really enjoyed it but they quickly got cold so it was a short visit. We bundled little Lauren up and Jay and I took turns holding her in our coats. She was wide-eyed and taking in everything. She probably could have stayed in there longer than the rest of us. She was pretty toasty except for her little nose!






So that's about it. It was a fantastic Christmas and a restful New Year for the McKnights. We spent time with friends and family, ate some delicious food (thanks for that fried turkey, babe), rested, but most of all we remembered what this season is all about....our Saviour, Friend, & Lord, Jesus Christ and the wonderful gift that He is to us all. Thank You, God for another wonderful Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment