Thursday, November 6, 2008

Funny Things Kids Say

Hey everyone! Well, I'm starting off my blog with a few funny things the kids said to me today on the way home from school.

First, Audrey got in the van today and was telling me that her class learned about pilgrims today. I asked her to tell me what a pilgrim was and she responded with... "They are people that came across the ocean on a BIG (her emphasis, not mine) boat called the Cauliflower!" I love it when she gets words mixed up. It always brings a smile to my face!

Reed's story goes something like this... A few weeks ago Jay got really angry at Reed and really gave him a stern talking to. This upset Reed very much and he was quick to let Jay know. They were making up when Reed looked at Jay and said "Daddy, you broke my heart." Well, of course that melted us both to the floor. I have no idea where he heard that saying but it worked that night in getting him out of trouble!


Anyway, if that wasn't cute enough, today we were talking on the ride home from school and he said, out of the blue, "Momma, remember when Daddy broke my heart?" I said yes and asked if it was still broken. He said "Yes, Momma, but you can help me fix it. When we get home we can get my tools out and you can fix my heart for me." Again, smiles on end for me. Now, I don't really think that he was still upset with his Daddy...he was tired from a long day and was feeling a little mopey, so I guess he was looking for a little sympathy. Again, it totally worked!

Anyway, I wanted to get these little stories down before I forgot. I will be posting some pictures from our recent trip to Disney World and from Halloween very soon. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, those stories made me teary eyed. Reed's sweet little broken heart. That is so much sweeter than me getting on Ethan's "nerds."
    ~H

    ReplyDelete