Wednesday, December 17, 2008

She's skipping right to sentences

OK, OK, OK sis...I get the picture. If I harass you about reading the blog, that means I actually need to post something for you to read. So this one's for you KK.

Things have been bananas around here lately. Christmas is definitely one of my favorite times of year, but man, it can get crazy. And in typical fashion I am probably trying to accomplish too much in too little time. On top of gift shopping, parties, decorating, and all of the other typical busyness, Jay and I have decided our gift to each other this year is to get our bonus room finished. That means a big TV for Jay and fun new decor for me. Of course, that also means Jay orders a TV and hooks it up and is finished while I agonize over what I'm going to do with colors and fabrics and then when I finally do, I'm going to paint and sew it all myself so that means many hours of work. And OF COURSE I really want to get it done before Christmas because my family will be here and I want everyone to enjoy it over the holiday. Realistically, it will probably get halfway done and I just have to be OK with that. I can only do what I can do, right?

Anyway, this post is really about my sweet little baby Lauren. Lauren has decided to completely skip saying the simple first words like "mama" and "dada" and has gone straight to complete sentences.

Friday night Jay was making some hot chocolate for Audrey and Reed. Lauren walked up to him and said something that sounded a little like "Ah on suh" while holding her hands in the air toward the mugs. After she said the same sounds several times in a row, Jay said "I think she's saying 'I want some'". I told him he was crazy. I mean, she's said ma-ma and da-da before but only when we've prompted her. There was no way she was now asking for hot chocolate with words on her own!

Later I was giving the kids marshmallows for their drinks and Lauren caught sight of the bag from across the room, came straight up to me and said "Ah on suh! Ah on suh!" Jay was not crazy. She was DEFINITELY saying "I want some!" Since Friday she has also picked up the phrase "Eh meh" (Yes mam) which I am very proud of! So she won't say any of our names but she knows how to request the food that she wants and be polite in the process. What more could a mother want?

Here's a pic of little LL helping me decorate the tree. Precious!

And here's the finished product. We love big trees at the McKnight household!

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Lauren!! You are a cutie for sure!
    Merry Christmas, McKnights!!
    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time :)
    Thanks for the shout out...
    I love you all and can't wait to see you!
    Can't wait to hear little miss Lauren talk to us!
    Love,
    kaykay

    P.s. Pop says he's not comin til she says pop...
    ahaha : )

    ReplyDelete